Butternut pumpkin soup
frittata groups myths granola vegetarian food weight loss vegetable calorie superfoods fish tips diet failure exercise truth stir fry downside fads coriander skewers facts examples fat shake drink recipe pumpkin exposed pork low fat success health fact pancakes soup chart hype start chicken smoothie fruit eggs weight resource fad
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small butternut pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 2 cm cubes (about 4 cups)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 tsp minced fresh sage (or ½ tsp dried sage)
- ½ tsp minced fresh rosemary (or ¼ tsp dried)
- Spray a large saucepan with non-stick spray.
- Add onion, butternut pumpkin and salt.
- Cook until onion is golden and squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock, scraping the bottom of the pan to pick up the flavour on the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer soup for 10 minutes.
- Remove mixture and place in blender, blending until purée (remember to remove top stop out of blender to let steam escape).
- Add squash purée back into the pan.
- Stir in sage, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.