Butternut pumpkin soup
tips resource downside coriander low fat pancakes success stir fry superfoods weight loss fat chart vegetable myths health food calorie pumpkin fact failure weight frittata recipe drink smoothie vegetarian fruit fish pork hype exposed shake skewers truth exercise facts groups granola chicken examples start diet fad soup eggs fads
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small butternut pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 2 cm cubes (about 4 cups)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 tsp minced fresh sage (or ½ tsp dried sage)
- ½ tsp minced fresh rosemary (or ¼ tsp dried)
- Spray a large saucepan with non-stick spray.
- Add onion, butternut pumpkin and salt.
- Cook until onion is golden and squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock, scraping the bottom of the pan to pick up the flavour on the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer soup for 10 minutes.
- Remove mixture and place in blender, blending until purée (remember to remove top stop out of blender to let steam escape).
- Add squash purée back into the pan.
- Stir in sage, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.