If you like crispy granola, bake for longer, or for chewy granola, bake for a shorter time.
resource shake weight loss downside fact smoothie chart pancakes truth groups fish facts food fads calorie tips hype low fat start weight skewers coriander chicken vegetarian soup pork examples vegetable pumpkin success exposed granola stir fry eggs recipe superfoods myths failure health exercise fruit fad fat frittata diet drink
- 2 cups whole rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- ½ cup toasted wheat germ
- ½ cup skim milk powder
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ½ cup no calorie sweetener
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 3 tbsp skim milk
- Heat oven to 135°C.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine dry ingredients and toss together. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Pour wet mixture over oat mixture, stirring well to coat granola evenly.
- Spread granola evenly onto a large baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.