If you like crispy granola, bake for longer, or for chewy granola, bake for a shorter time.
success smoothie exposed calorie eggs food examples soup facts drink tips chart resource fact fads stir fry exercise granola pork pumpkin superfoods fad fish vegetarian diet weight loss vegetable shake fat hype recipe coriander chicken frittata truth skewers low fat failure pancakes myths groups start downside weight fruit health
- 2 cups whole rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- ½ cup toasted wheat germ
- ½ cup skim milk powder
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ½ cup no calorie sweetener
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 3 tbsp skim milk
- Heat oven to 135°C.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine dry ingredients and toss together. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Pour wet mixture over oat mixture, stirring well to coat granola evenly.
- Spread granola evenly onto a large baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.