If you like crispy granola, bake for longer, or for chewy granola, bake for a shorter time.
frittata fruit truth fish facts hype fad failure start vegetarian drink fact granola tips exercise diet resource low fat superfoods pancakes smoothie weight recipe groups pumpkin success chicken fat health exposed calorie skewers coriander fads shake examples eggs food myths weight loss stir fry soup chart vegetable downside pork
- 2 cups whole rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- ½ cup toasted wheat germ
- ½ cup skim milk powder
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ½ cup no calorie sweetener
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 3 tbsp skim milk
- Heat oven to 135°C.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine dry ingredients and toss together. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Pour wet mixture over oat mixture, stirring well to coat granola evenly.
- Spread granola evenly onto a large baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.