If you like crispy granola, bake for longer, or for chewy granola, bake for a shorter time.
food shake drink truth exposed fruit start pancakes downside pumpkin vegetarian groups chart tips soup low fat fact myths exercise fad success failure eggs pork skewers granola examples stir fry fads frittata superfoods coriander weight loss recipe hype calorie vegetable fat health resource diet smoothie chicken weight facts fish
- 2 cups whole rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- ½ cup toasted wheat germ
- ½ cup skim milk powder
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ½ cup no calorie sweetener
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 3 tbsp skim milk
- Heat oven to 135°C.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine dry ingredients and toss together. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Pour wet mixture over oat mixture, stirring well to coat granola evenly.
- Spread granola evenly onto a large baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.