Note: For a seared tofu, add tofu after garlic and sauté before adding vegetables.
Vegetarian stir fry
exposed chicken success stir fry tips smoothie frittata pumpkin failure low fat resource myths start diet downside fat groups food pancakes fish chart examples drink vegetarian truth weight loss recipe fad granola exercise vegetable eggs hype health fruit soup facts skewers fact coriander shake calorie pork weight fads superfoods
- 1 bag (450 g) frozen vegetables of your choice
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 stock cube (beef or chicken flavoured), crushed
- 100 g (about 1/5 of a block) extra firm tofu, cut into 5 cm x 1 cm slices
- 2 tbsp Asian stir-fry sauce of your choice
- Non-stick cooking spray or 2 tbsp oil
- Coat a medium-sized skillet or wok with cooking spray and heat on high.
- Add minced garlic, cooking just until garlic becomes light brown.
- Add vegetables, continuously stirring.
- After about five minutes, add tofu and crushed stock cube. Stir gently.
- Finish cooking until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat, add sauce and stir well.