Note: For a seared tofu, add tofu after garlic and sauté before adding vegetables.
Vegetarian stir fry
failure fad success diet facts pancakes fish fruit groups start vegetarian exercise drink soup food frittata stir fry pork vegetable coriander fact weight loss superfoods exposed shake chart downside granola fat hype eggs chicken smoothie pumpkin health low fat resource myths truth weight examples tips skewers calorie fads recipe
- 1 bag (450 g) frozen vegetables of your choice
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 stock cube (beef or chicken flavoured), crushed
- 100 g (about 1/5 of a block) extra firm tofu, cut into 5 cm x 1 cm slices
- 2 tbsp Asian stir-fry sauce of your choice
- Non-stick cooking spray or 2 tbsp oil
- Coat a medium-sized skillet or wok with cooking spray and heat on high.
- Add minced garlic, cooking just until garlic becomes light brown.
- Add vegetables, continuously stirring.
- After about five minutes, add tofu and crushed stock cube. Stir gently.
- Finish cooking until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat, add sauce and stir well.