Note: For a seared tofu, add tofu after garlic and sauté before adding vegetables.
Vegetarian stir fry
frittata facts exercise low fat smoothie chicken truth calorie examples downside diet food fact start drink tips weight fish myths fat health vegetarian fads success skewers fad eggs shake superfoods resource stir fry pancakes groups soup weight loss pumpkin vegetable fruit coriander hype granola pork recipe failure exposed chart
- 1 bag (450 g) frozen vegetables of your choice
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 stock cube (beef or chicken flavoured), crushed
- 100 g (about 1/5 of a block) extra firm tofu, cut into 5 cm x 1 cm slices
- 2 tbsp Asian stir-fry sauce of your choice
- Non-stick cooking spray or 2 tbsp oil
- Coat a medium-sized skillet or wok with cooking spray and heat on high.
- Add minced garlic, cooking just until garlic becomes light brown.
- Add vegetables, continuously stirring.
- After about five minutes, add tofu and crushed stock cube. Stir gently.
- Finish cooking until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat, add sauce and stir well.