Note: For a seared tofu, add tofu after garlic and sauté before adding vegetables.
Vegetarian stir fry
low fat health pumpkin fad hype granola exposed fads soup pork downside examples fish resource skewers stir fry fruit diet weight loss truth fact pancakes shake calorie eggs frittata exercise success failure tips drink smoothie recipe coriander chicken food start groups superfoods facts chart myths fat weight vegetarian vegetable
- 1 bag (450 g) frozen vegetables of your choice
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 stock cube (beef or chicken flavoured), crushed
- 100 g (about 1/5 of a block) extra firm tofu, cut into 5 cm x 1 cm slices
- 2 tbsp Asian stir-fry sauce of your choice
- Non-stick cooking spray or 2 tbsp oil
- Coat a medium-sized skillet or wok with cooking spray and heat on high.
- Add minced garlic, cooking just until garlic becomes light brown.
- Add vegetables, continuously stirring.
- After about five minutes, add tofu and crushed stock cube. Stir gently.
- Finish cooking until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat, add sauce and stir well.